Ah, San Francisco for Thanksgiving. What a special place to spend the holiday. It’s been years since I’ve been to the Bay Area, and it was even more spectacular than before. It’s not surprising that such a unique place would generate reactions that don’t necessarily have any rhyme or reason.
- How long would I have to live here before I got used to dogs in Target and everywhere else? Gotta say, dogs doing their business on the sidewalks (since there aren’t lawns in the city) is pretty disgusting.
- At almost December everything is still green and blooming. And the temperatures range between 45-75 degrees year round. How do they keep track of the season?
- Spotted within the same hour: someone in a tank top and shorts, several people in short sleeves and sandals, and others in fur-lined parkas and Ugg boots.
- I thought I lived in a world class foodie town, but SF cuisine takes dining to a whole ‘nother level.
- How do people in wheelchairs and on crunches navigate the hills and steps?
- All of the hours I spent on the treadmill at Orangetheory Fitness at elevations of 10% or more really paid off in tackling the hills. I did not expect how hard it would be to walk downhill.
- Fisherman’s Wharf wasn’t as trashy as I remember. However, the homelessness problem seems to have dramatically escalated. There has got to be a humane alternative to tent cities that provides security and treats people of all circumstances with dignity.
- Muir Woods is simply magical.